When it comes to protecting your home, you want to be sure that you’re getting the best of the best from your home warranty company, and not simply going with what your real estate agent suggests. There are several home warranty companies to choose from, but which one really is the best? To help you compare and contrast, we’ve rounded up a few of the best home warranty companies and looked at what each has to offer and, of course, what each warranty company will cover.
Check out what these warranty companies to make sure that they cover everything you want to protect and to see how Home Service Club stacks up to the competition.
American Home Shield
Coverage under American Home Shield goes into effect 30 days after purchase and premiums range from $29.99 to $34.99 per month. Deductible options range from $75 to $125.
There are three different plans available with a range of what they cover:
- Systems Plan: eleven major home systems are covered including electrical, AC, plumbing, and more.
- Appliances Plan: ten appliances covered including refrigerators, washers and dryers, cooktops, ovens, and more.
- Combo Plan: this plan combines both the systems and appliances plans for a more comprehensive package. This plan comes at a discounted price.
You can also build your own plan to cover the appliances and systems that are important to you, rather than covering all of them.
Choice Home Warranty
Established in 2008, Choice Home Warranty is rated among the top choices in home warranty companies. That said, their pricing options can be somewhat confusing. Possibly best way to gauge the cost of their plans is to get a quote online as they take several things into account including the place of residence, dwelling size, type of home, and of course, the desired level of protection.
- Standard Plan: this plan covers your heating system and ducts, plumbing system, electrical system, garbage disposal, kitchen appliances, water heaters, plumbing stoppage, garage door opener, exhaust fans, and ceiling fans.
- Total Plan: includes all of the above along with air conditioning, refrigerator, washer, and dryer.
- Optional items to add to either plan: sump pump, pool and spa, central vac system, septic system and septic tank pumping, well pump, roof leaks, second refrigerator or stand-alone freezer.
TotalProtect is a line of products by Country Home Services, Inc., and is one of the largest warranty companies in the country. They offer a 24/7365 service line and will use local service providers to make repairs in your home. They have annual premiums startings at $230.
- Appliances Plan: Homeowners can get coverage of the following under this plan — refrigerator with built-in ice and water dispenser, wall oven, cooktop/range, range exhaust hood, built-in microwave, built-in trash compactor, dishwasher, washer, and dryer. This plan can also have optional coverage added for pools and spas and it will also cover rust and corrosion along with unknown pre-existing conditions.
- Systems Plan: Homeowners will get coverage of air conditioning and heating systems, water heaters, toilets, plumbing lines and stoppages, sump pump, whirlpool bath, attic/whole house exhaust fan, central vacuum, doorbells and chimes, garage door opener, smoke detectors, fuse panel/main breaker box, interior electrical lines, and interior gas line. Homeowners can also add optional coverage for pools and spas. This plan will also cover rust and corrosion and unknown pre-existing conditions.
- Combo Plan: this plan will cover everything in the appliances and systems plans. It also comes with a deductible reimbursement.
America’s 1st Choice Home Club
Another option for home warranties, America’s 1st Choice Home Club (AFC) was established in 2009.. Their monthly premiums range from $39.58 to $78.75.
Their available plan options are:
- Systems: major systems are covered including electrical, plumbing, water heater, and cooling/heating systems
- Silver: basic coverage that protects refrigerators, washers, dryers, water heaters, ovens and ranges, stoves and cooktops, dishwashers, garbage disposals, and garage door openers.
- Gold: same basic coverage but also includes cooling/heating systems or built-in wall units, electrical systems, plumbing systems, and ductwork.
- Platinum: most extensive contract from AFC Home Club. It covers all of the above along with built-in microwave and plumbing stoppages.
Home Service Club
Topping the list of best home warranty companies, is our very own Home Service Club. Home Service Club makes it extremely easy to get a home warranty plan quote online. We’ve received national recognition along with multiple awards for our home warranty service. You can view sample contracts online and even receive one month free. Our comprehensive plan is one of the most extensive in the industry covering 33 systems and appliances.
There are two home warranty plans to pick from, but you can also expand either of these to cover any other custom home needs.
- Standard Coverage: This contract covers both appliances and systems including refrigerators, ovens/ranges/cooktops, dishwashers, washer & dryers, icemakers, built-in microwaves, trash compactors, food centers, heating/cooling systems, electrical and plumbing systems, water heaters, garbage disposals, ceiling fans, central vacs, and garage door openers.
- Comprehensive Coverage: Under this plan, all of the above is covered along with plumbing storage, ductwork, gas leaks, pest control, Whirlpool coverage, alarm warning, telephone wiring, smoke detectors, exhaust/attic fans, sump pump, doorbells, hot water pump and hot/cold water dispenser.
Home Service Club also boasts a 15,000+ list of certified and pre-screened contractors to cover repairs and replacements. Plan deductibles range from $65 to $125. As a bonus, Home Service Club is the only home warranty company that offers a 10-day waiting period for a plan to go into effect, unlike the 30-day waiting period of all other warranty companies. Online assistance is available 24/7.
Click here for a more an in-depth guide to home warranties.
You have a lot of options when it comes to choosing a Home Warranty company. Contact Home Service Club today, and let us show you how we outpace the competition.